ARMY AND AIR FORCE EXCHANGE SERVICE
Exchange Select 44-319
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION: CONTENTS*
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
Bismuth subsalicylate 262 mg
Upset stomach reliever/Antidiarrheal
- upset stomach
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are:
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
Do not use
if you have
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- bloody or black stool
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- mucus in the stool
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking any drug for
- anticoagulation (thinning of the blood)
When using this product
a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue my occur.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms get worse
- ringing of the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- chew or dissolve in mouth
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- adults and children 12 years and over: 2 tablets every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed. Do not exceed 8 doses (16 tablets) in 24 hours.
- use until diarrhea stops, but not more than 2 days
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- each tablet contains: calcium 40 mg, salicylate 102 mg
- store at controlled room temperature 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- avoid excessive heat
- store in a dry place
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
calcium carbonate, cherry flavor, D&C red #27 aluminum lake, D&C red #30 aluminum lake, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, mannitol, povidone, sodium saccharin, stearic acid, talc
Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
Bismuth Subsalicylate 262 mg
Upset Stomach Reliever
Compare to The Active Ingredient of Pepto-Bismol®†
• Upset Stomach
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Procter & Gamble, owner of the registered trademark Pepto-Bismol®.
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK
Manufactured For: Your Military Exchanges
by: LNK International, Inc.
Hauppauge, NY 11788
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF CARTON IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS BROKEN, TORN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
Bismuth Subsalicylate TABLET, CHEWABLE