- Clinical Pharmacology
- Indications & Usage
- Side Effects
- Dosage & Administration
- How Supplied
- Patient Counseling Information
- Supplemental Patient Material
- Boxed Warning
- Patient Package Insert
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION: CONTENTS*
- Active ingredient
- When using this product
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
Benzoyl peroxide 5.3%
For the treatment of acne
For external use only
Do not use if you
- have very sensitive skin
- are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide
When using this product
- skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time
- avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use a sunscreen
- avoid contact with the eyes, lips, and mouth
- avoid contact with hair and dyed fabrics, which may be bleached by this product
- skin irritation may occur, characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling, or possibly swelling. Irritation may be reduced by using the product less frequently or in a lower concentration.
- do not puncture or incinerate; contents under pressure
Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation becomes severe.
KEEP THIS AND ALL DRUGS OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- clean the skin thoroughly before applying this product
- cover the entire affected area with a thin layer and rinse thoroughly one to three times daily
- because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor
- if bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day
- if going outside, apply sunscreen after using this product. If irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of both products and ask a doctor.
Store at 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F), excursions permitted between 15°C and 30°C (between 59°F and 86°F).
emulsifying wax, methylparaben, propylparaben, purified water, tetrafluoroethane
BENZOYL PEROXIDE AEROSOL, FOAM