sunmark pain reliever
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Indications & Usage
- Side Effects
- Dosage & Administration
- How Supplied
- Patient Counseling Information
- Supplemental Patient Material
- Boxed Warning
- Patient Package Insert
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION: CONTENTS*
- Active ingredient (in each 5 mL = 1 teaspoon)
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
- Principal Display Panel
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
Active ingredient (in each 5 mL = 1 teaspoon)
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- reduces fever
- relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- the common cold
- sore throat
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if your child has ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if your child has
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child is
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- do not give more than directed (see Liver warning)
- shake well before using
- find right dose on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
- use only enclosed dosing cup designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- if needed, repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
- do not give for more than 5 days unless directed by a doctor
|Weight(lb)||Age(yr)||Dose (tsp or mL)|
|under 24||under 2 years||ask a doctor|
|24-35||2–3 years||1 tsp or 5 mL|
|36–47||4–5 years||1 1/2 tsp or 7.5 mL|
|48–59||6–8 years||2 tsp or 10 mL|
|60-71||9–10 years||2 1/2 tsp or 12.5 mL|
|72-95||11 years||3 tsp or 15 mL|
Attention: use only enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 3 mg
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- do not use if printed neckband is broken or missing
anhydrous citric acid, butylparaben, calcium sulfate, carrageenan, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, hydroxyethyl cellulose, microcrystalline cellulose and carboxymethylcellulose sodium, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, tribasic sodium phosphate
Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
COMPARE TO CHILDREN'S TYLENOL® ORAL SUSPENSION ACTIVE INGREDIENT
Children's Suspension Liquid
For ages 2 to 11
Alcohol free, Aspirin free & Ibuprofen free
80 mg per 1/2 teaspoon (160 mg per 5 ml)
sunmark pain reliever