Severe Cold and Congestion Maximum Strength
WOONSOCKET PRESCRIPTION CENTER,INCORPORATED
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION: CONTENTS*
- Active ingredients (in each caplet)
- Severe Cold and Congestion Maximum Strength Uses
- Severe Cold and Congestion Maximum Strength Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
- Principal display panel
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
Active ingredients (in each caplet)
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Guaifenesin 200 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/Fever reducer
Severe Cold and Congestion Maximum Strength Uses
- temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- minor aches and pains
- temporarily reduces fever
- temporarily promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 12 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you don't know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
When using this product
do not exceed the recommended dosage.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- new symptoms occur
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- redness or swelling is present
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overodse, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
do not take more than directed
(see overdose warning)
- do not take more than 12 caplets in any 24-hour period
- adults and children 12 years and older: take 2 caplets every 4 hours
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
Severe Cold and Congestion Maximum Strength Other information
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKEN
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- use by expiration date on package
corn starch, crospovidone, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, mangesium stearate, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silica gel, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
Questions or comments?
Principal display panel
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PACKAGE IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
Compare to the active ingredients in Maximum Strength Mucinex® FAST-MAX™ Severe Congestion & Cold*
Relieves Pain & Reduces Fever - Acetaminophen
Soothes Cough - Dextromethorphan HBr
Thins & Loosens Mucus - Guaifenesin
Relieves Sinus Pressure & Nasal Congestion - Phenylephrine HCl
PAIN RELIEVER/FEVER REDUCER, NASAL DECONGESTANT, EXPECTORANT, COUGH SUPPRESSANT
For Ages 12+
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Reckitt Benckiser LLC, owner of the registered trademark Maximum Strength Mucinex® FAST-MAX™ Severe Congestion & Cold.
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
(c) 2013 CVS/pharmacy
www.cvs.com 1-800-shop-CVS V-19849
Severe Cold and Congestion Maximum Strength
Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan HBr, Guaifenesin, Phenylephrine HCl TABLET