- Clinical Pharmacology
- Indications & Usage
- Side Effects
- Dosage & Administration
- How Supplied
- Patient Counseling Information
- Supplemental Patient Material
- Boxed Warning
- Patient Package Insert
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION: CONTENTS*
- Active ingredient (in each suppository)
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
- Package/Label Principal Display Panel
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
Active ingredient (in each suppository)
Bisacodyl 10 mg
- for relief of occasional constipation and irregularity
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 15 minutes to 1 hour
for rectal use only
Do not use
when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use
if you are taking any other drug. Take this product two or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
When using this product
you may have abdominal discomfort, faintness, rectal burning and mild cramps
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative because this may indicate a serious condition
- you need to use a laxative for more than one week
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
|adults and children 12 years and over||1 suppository once daily. Remove foil. Insert suppository well into the rectum, pointed end first. Retain about 15 to 20 minutes.|
|children 6 to under 12 years||½ suppository once daily|
|children under 6 years||ask a doctor|
store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
cetyl esters wax, hydrogenated vegetable oil, lanolin
Questions or comments?
Package/Label Principal Display Panel
Compare to Dulcolax® active ingredient
For the Relief of Occasional Constipation
15 Minutes to 1 Hour
Stimulant Laxative • (bisacodyl 10 mg)
Gentle Yet Effective