- Clinical Pharmacology
- Indications & Usage
- Side Effects
- Dosage & Administration
- How Supplied
- Patient Counseling Information
- Supplemental Patient Material
- Boxed Warning
- Patient Package Insert
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
(in each captab)
Calcium polycarbophil 625 mg
(equivalent to polycarbophil 500 mg)
- relieves occasional constipation
- generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
Choking: Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
longer than one week
- abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over two weeks
taking any other drug. Take Fiber-Lax two or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
- you have rectal bleeding
- you fail to have a bowel movement after using this product.
These may indicate a serious condition.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Take Fiber-Lax with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. See choking warning.
- do not take more than 4 doses in 24 hours
- adults & children 12 years and over: 2 captabs 1 to 4 times a day
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- each captab contains: calcium 140 mg
- store below 30˚C (86˚F) • do not refrigerate • protect from humidity
Caramel, crospovidone, hypromellose, magnesium silicate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, mineral oil, polyethylene glycol, silica, sodium lauryl sulfate and stearic acid
Questions or comments?
Call 1-800-645-2158, 9 am - 5 pm ET, Monday – Friday
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF BLISTER SEAL IS BROKEN OR DAMAGED
*Rugby Laboratories, Inc. is not affiliated with the owner of the trademark FiberCon®.
Fiber-Lax is distributed by Rugby Laboratories, Inc.
Duluth, Georgia 30097
Calcium Polycarbophil TABLET, FILM COATED