Extra Strength Pain Relief
WOONSOCKET PRESCRIPTION CENTER,INCORPORATED
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION: CONTENTS*
- Active ingredient (in each gelcap)
- Extra Strength Pain Relief Uses
- Extra Strength Pain Relief Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
- Principal Display Panel
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
Active ingredient (in each gelcap)
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
Extra Strength Pain Relief Uses
- temporarily relieves minor aches and ains due to:
- the common cold
- minor pain of arthritis
- muscular aches
- premesntrual and menstrual cramps
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. The maximum daily dose of this product is 6 gelcaps (3,000 mg) in 24 hours. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while uding this product
Do not use
with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non-prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs of symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
- adults and children 12 years and over
- take 2 gelcaps every 4 to 6 hours while symptoms last
- do not take more than 8 gelcaps in 24 hours
- do not take for more than 10 days unlesss directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years of age: do not use this adult extra strength product in children under 12 years of age; this will provide more than the recommended dose (overdose) of acetaminophen and may cause liver damage
Extra Strength Pain Relief Other information
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
croscarmellose sodium, D&C red #33, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, gelatin, hydroxypropyl, cellulose, hypromellose, iron oxide black, iron oxide red, iron oxide yellow, polyethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, shellac glaze, simithicone, stearic acid, titanium dioxide
Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
Compare to the active ingredient in TYLENOL® Rapid Release Gels*
RAPID RELEASE GELCAPS
CONTAINS NO ASPIRIN
Pain reliever / Fever reducer
150 GELCAPS 500 mg each
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, owner of the registered trademark TYLENOL® Rapid Release Gels. 50844 REV0513G51908
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
© 2013 CVS/pharmacy
Extra Strength Pain Relief
Acetaminophen CAPSULE, GELATIN COATED