dg health cough and sore throat
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Indications & Usage
- Side Effects
- Dosage & Administration
- How Supplied
- Patient Counseling Information
- Supplemental Patient Material
- Boxed Warning
- Patient Package Insert
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION: CONTENTS*
- Active ingredients (in each 15 mL = 1 tablespoon)
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
- Principal Display Panel
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
Active ingredients (in each 15 mL = 1 tablespoon)
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 15 mg
Doxylamine succinate 6.25 mg
- temporarily relieves the following cold/flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- runny nose and sneezing
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. The maximum daily dose of this product is 6 tablespoons (3,000 mg acetaminophen) in 24 hours. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- to make a child sleepy
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- may cause marked drowsiness
- alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see Liver warning)
- use only enclosed dosing cup designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
|adults & children 12 years & over||
|children under 12 years||
- each tablespoon contains: potassium 25 mg and sodium 8 mg
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F). Do not refrigerate.
acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, FD&C blue #1, flavor, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucrose
Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
Cold & Cough
Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan HBr, Doxylamine Succinate
Pain Reliever, Cough Suppressant, Antihistamine
Compare to active ingredients in Tylenol® Cold & Cough
SEE NEW WARNINGS AND DIRECTIONS
INSTANT COOLING SENSATION
dg health cough and sore throat
Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan HBr, Doxylamine Succinate LIQUID