Cold and Sinus Maximum Strength
WOONSOCKET PRESCRIPTION CENTER,INCORPORATED
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION: CONTENTS*
- Active ingredients (in each caplet)
- Cold and Sinus Maximum Strength Uses
- Cold and Sinus Maximum Strength Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
- Principal display panel
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
Active ingredients (in each caplet)
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Guaifenesin 200 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
Cold and Sinus Maximum Strength Uses
- temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- minor aches and pains
- sinus congestion and pressure
- temporarily promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus andmake coughs more productive
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 12 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
When using this product
do not exceed recommended dosage.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- redness or swelling is present
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
- new symptoms occur
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Posion Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
- do not take more than 12 caplets in any 24-hour period
- adults and children 12 years and older: take 2 caplets every 4 hours
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
Cold and Sinus Maximum Strength Other information
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER UNIT IS TORN OR BROKEN
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- use by expiration date on package
corn starch, crospovidone, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silica gel, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
Questions or comments?
Principal display panel
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PACKAGE IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
Compare to the active ingredients in Maximum Strength Mucinex® FAST-MAX™ Cold & Sinus*
Relieves Pain & Reduces Fever - Acetaminophen
Thins & Loosens Mucus - Guaifenesin
Relieves Sinus Pressure & Nasal Congestion - Phenylephrine
PAIN RELIEVER/FEVER REDUCER, NASAL DECONGESTANT, EXCPECTORANT
For Ages 12+
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Reckitt Benckiser LLC, owner of the registered trademark Maximum Strength Mucinex® FAST-MAX™ Cold & Sinus.
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
(c) 2013 CVS/pharmacy
www.cvs.com 1-800-shop-CVS V-19849
Cold and Sinus Maximum Strength
Acetaminophen, Guaifenesin, Phenylephrine HCl TABLET