- Clinical Pharmacology
- Indications & Usage
- Side Effects
- Dosage & Administration
- How Supplied
- Patient Counseling Information
- Supplemental Patient Material
- Boxed Warning
- Patient Package Insert
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
10% benzoyl peroxide
- treat acne
- dries up acne pimples
- helps prevent new acne pimples
For external use only
Do not use
- on broken skin
- in or near the eyes
- on large areas of the body
- if you have very sensitive skin
- if you are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide
Stop use and ask a doctor
if skin irritation increases or sensitivity develops
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact Poison Control Center right away.
- Cleanse skin thoroughly before applying
- cover entire affected area with a thin layer 1 to 3 times daily
- because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with 1 application daily, then gradually increase to 2 to 3 times daily if needed
- if bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day
- if going outside use sunscreen.
- Allow Benzoyl Peroxide to dry, then follow directions in the sunscreen labeling.
- store at room temperature 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- Lot No. & Exp. Date: see box or see bottle label
- Avoid excessive heat
- Keep tightly closed
When using this product
- avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use a sunscreen
- apply to affected areas only
- THIS PRODUCT MAY BLEACH HAIR OR DYED FABRICS
- you might experience increased skin dryness or irritation (redness, burning, itching,peeling, or swelling)
- do not use other topical acne medications at the same time or right after, as this may increase dryness or irritation of the skin. Use only one drug unless directed by a doctor.
Oklahoma City, OK 73127
A Division of PD-Rx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL 2OZ BOTTLE LABEL
FOR TOPICAL USE
Net Weight 2oz
BENZOYL PEROXIDE GEL