Perrigo Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% Drug Facts
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION: CONTENTS*
- Active ingredient
- benzoyl peroxide Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
- Package/Label Principal Display Panel
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
Benzoyl peroxide 2.5%
for the treatment of acne
For external use only
Do not use
- have very sensitive skin
- are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide
When using this product
- skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use a sunscreen
- avoid contact with the eyes, lips, and mouth
- avoid contact with hair and dyed fabrics, which may be bleached by this product
- skin irritation may occur, characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling, or possibly swelling. Irritation may be reduced by using the product less frequently or in a lower concentration.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- irritation becomes severe
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- Sensitivity Test for a New User. Apply product sparingly to one or two small affected areas during the first 3 days. If no discomfort occurs, follow the directions stated below.
- clean the skin thoroughly before applying this product
- cover the entire affected area with a thin layer one to three times daily
- because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor
- if bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day
- if going outside, apply sunscreen after using this product. If irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of both products and ask a doctor.
benzoyl peroxide Other information
- store at 20°-25° (68°-77°F)
carbomer homopolymer, dimethicone, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, edetate disodium, glycerin, methylparaben, poloxamer 182, purified water, silicon dioxide, sodium hydroxide
Questions or comments?
Package/Label Principal Display Panel
Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%
Aqueous Base, Acne Treatment Gel
Benzoyl peroxide GEL