BC Powder Original
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
(in each powder)
Aspirin (NSAID*) 845 mg
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducer
(in each powder)
Caffeine 65 mg
Pain reliever aid
- temporary relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- muscular aches
- minor arthritis pain
- temporarily reduces fever
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or non-prescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for longer time than directed
if you have ever had an allergic reaction to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer.
- stomach bleeding warnings applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have asthma
taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis.
limit the use of caffeine-containing drugs, foods or drinks because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and, occasionally, rapid heart beat. The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee.
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- feel faint
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- any new symptoms appear
- ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: place 1 powder on tongue every 6 hours, while symptoms persist. Drink a full glass of water or other liquid.
- do not take more than 4 powders in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor.
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor.
- each powder contains: potassium 55 mg
- store below 25ºC (77ºF)
docusate sodium, fumaric acid, lactose monohydrate, potassium chloride
1-866-255-5197 (English/Spanish) weekdays
ASPIRIN (NSAID) – PAIN RELIEVER ● FEVER REDUCER
CAFFEINE – PAIN RELIEVER AID
FAST PAIN RELIEF
FOR PAIN DUE TO HEADACHES
TEMPORARY RELIEF OF MINOR BODY ACHES & FEVER
Aspirin and Caffeine POWDER