- Clinical Pharmacology
- Indications & Usage
- Side Effects
- Dosage & Administration
- How Supplied
- Patient Counseling Information
- Supplemental Patient Material
- Boxed Warning
- Patient Package Insert
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION: CONTENTS*
- Active ingredient (in each caplet)
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
- Principal Display Panel
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
Active ingredient (in each caplet)
Loperamide HCl 2 mg
controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers’ Diarrhea
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl
Do not use
if you have bloody or black stool
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- mucus in the stool
- a history of liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
When using this product
- tiredness, drowsiness or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms get worse
- diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- you get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- find right dose on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 caplets after the first loose stool; 1 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 caplets in 24 hours|
|children 9-11 years (60-95 lbs)||1 caplet after the first loose stool; 1/2 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 3 caplets in 24 hours|
|children 6-8 years (48-59 lbs)||1 caplet after the first loose stool; 1/2 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 2 caplets in 24 hours|
|children under 6 years (up to 47 lbs)||ask a doctor|
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- do not use if blister unit is broken or torn
anhydrous lactose, carnauba wax, D&C yellow no. 10 aluminum lake, FD&C blue no. 1 aluminum lake, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch
Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
COMPARE TO active ingredient of IMODIUM® A-D
See side panel
THIS PACKAGE FOR HOUSEHOLDS WITHOUT YOUNG CHILDREN
Loperamide Hydrochloride Tablets, 2 mg
Controls the Symptoms of Diarrhea
*Each caplet (capsule-shaped tablet) contains 2 mg Loperamide Hydrochloride
Loperamide HCl TABLET, FILM COATED