Loperamide HCl 2 mg softgel
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION: CONTENTS*
- Active Ingredient (in each capsule)
- Do not use
- Ask a doctor before use if you have
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- When using this product
- Stop use and ask doctor if
- If pregnant or breast-feeding,
- Keep out of reach of children
- Anti-Diarrheal Other information
- Inactive Ingredients
- Questions or comments?
- Principal Display Panel
- Product Label
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
Active Ingredient (in each capsule)
Loperamide HCI 2 mg
controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Traveler's Diarrhea
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl
Do not use
- if you have bloody or black stool
- in children under 12 years of age (see Other information )
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- mucus in the stool
- a history of liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
When using this product
tiredness, drowsiness, or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Stop use and ask doctor if
- symptoms get worse
- diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- you get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- not for use in children under 12 years of age
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: 2 softgels after the first loose stool; 1 softgel after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 softgels in 24 hours
Anti-Diarrheal Other information
- do not use if carton or blister unit is open or torn
- store at 20o-25o C (68o-77o F)
- avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F).
- see side panel for lot number and expiration date
- use the 1 mg soft gelatin capsule product for children 6 to under 12 years of age
Questions or comments?1-800-447-1140
Principal Display Panel
COMPARE TO ACTIVE INGREDIENT OF IMODIUM® A-D **
Soft Gelatin Capsules, 2mg
Controls the symptoms of diarrhea
Suitable for adults and children 12 years and over
*each liquid-capsule contains 2 mg Loperamide HCl
THIS PRODUCT IS PACKAGED IN A CHILD RESISTANT AND TAMPER EVIDENT PACKAGE. USE ONLY IF BLISTERS ARE INTACT.
**This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer and Specialty Pharmaceuticals, owner of the registered trademark of Imodium® A-D.
Proudly distributed by
Western family foods, Inc
PO Box 4057, Portland, OR 97208 USA
LOPERAMIDE HYDROCHLORIDE CAPSULE, LIQUID FILLED