Silphen DM Cough
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Indications & Usage
- Side Effects
- Dosage & Administration
- How Supplied
- Patient Counseling Information
- Supplemental Patient Material
- Boxed Warning
- Patient Package Insert
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION: CONTENTS*
- Ask a doctor before use if you have
- Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Inactive ingredients
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
Active Ingredient: Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 10 mg (in each 5 mL)
Purpose: Cough Suppressant
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a common cold
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Stop use and ask a doctor if
cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache,. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period
|Adults and children 12 years of age and older
||2 teaspoonfuls every 6 to 8 hours
|Children under 12 yrs
||Do not use
alcohol 5%, ammonium chloride, citric acid, D&C yellow No 10, FD&C blue no 1, FD&C red no.40, strawberry flavor, glycerin, menthol, methylparaben, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sucrose, purified water.
Silarx Pharmaceuticals, Inc,
19 West Street,
Spring Valley, NY 10977 USA
Silphen DM Cough
Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide LIQUID