- Clinical Pharmacology
- Indications & Usage
- Side Effects
- Dosage & Administration
- How Supplied
- Patient Counseling Information
- Supplemental Patient Material
- Boxed Warning
- Patient Package Insert
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION: CONTENTS*
- Drug Facts
- Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Stop use and ask a doctor if you have:
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
Active Ingredient (per mini enema)
Docusate Sodium USP 283 mg
Benzocaine 20 mg
Docusate Sodium USP 283mg...............Stool Softener Laxative
Benzocaine 20 mg....................................................Anesthetic
- For relief of occasional constipation (irregularity).
- This product generally produces a stimulus and bowel movement in 2 to 15 minutes.
For rectal use only. Individuals with sensitivity to Benzocaine should not use this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting.
- to use laxative products for a period longer than 1 week.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are presently taking mineral oil.
Stop use and ask a doctor if you have:
- have rectal bleeding.
- Noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks.
- failed to have a bowel movement after use. This may indicate a serious condition.
Pregnant or Lactating Women, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental ingestion or overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
For relief of occasional constipation (irregularity). This product generally produces a stimulus and bowel movement in 2 to 15 minutes.
Adults and children 12 years of age and older (with adult supervision) one to three units daily. Children under 12 years of age, consult a doctor prior to use.
- Twist off and remove tip.
- Lubricate tip prior to insertion: Place a few drops of the tube’s liquid content on the shaft prior to insertion. Also apply liquid content or lubricant to the anus before inserting the mini-enema.
Positioning: For best results, lay on the left side with knees bent.
Alternate Positions: Administer while seated on the toilet.Kneel with the left arm folded comfortably, then lower head and chest forward until side of face is resting on the surface.
- With steady pressure, gently insert the tube into the rectum with care to prevent damage to the rectal wall. Squeeze to empty the contents. Keep the tube squeezed until it is removed from the rectum. After the contents have been emptied, remove the disposable tube and discard. A small amount of liquid may remain in the unit after use.
Store at room temperature 15°-30° C (59°-86° F)
Polyethylene Glycol and Glycerin USP
Questions or Comments: 1-888-273-9734
Summit Pharmaceuticals, Phoenix, AZ 85050
Alliance Labs, L.L.C
2515 E. Rose Garden Lane, Suite #1
Phoenix, AZ 85050
docusate sodium w/benzocaine LIQUID