- Clinical Pharmacology
- Indications & Usage
- Side Effects
- Dosage & Administration
- How Supplied
- Patient Counseling Information
- Supplemental Patient Material
- Boxed Warning
- Patient Package Insert
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION: CONTENTS*
- DRUG FACTS
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT (IN EACH CAPSULE)
- OTHER INFORMATION
- INACTIVE INGREDIENTS
- QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
- Package Label
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
ACTIVE INGREDIENT (IN EACH CAPSULE)
Docusate sodium 100 mg
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
generally produces a bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
Do not use
- if you are presently taking mineral oil, unless told to do so by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- stomach pain
- noticed a sudden change in bowel movements that continues over a period of 2 weeks
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a stool softener laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Take only by mouth. Doses may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses.
adults and children
12 years and over
children 2 to under
12 years of age
children under 2 years ask a doctor
- each capsule contains: sodium 6 mg
- store at 25°C (77°F)); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
FD&C Red No. 40, FD&C Yellow No. 6, edible ink, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene blycol, propylene glycol, purified water and sorbitol special
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Distributed by: Major Pharmaceuticals, 31778 Enterprise Drive, Livonia, MI 48150, U.S.A.
call toll free 734-743-6000
Contract Pharmacy Services-PA
125 Titus Ave Suite 200
Warrington, PA 18976 USA
Docusate Sodium CAPSULE, LIQUID FILLED