- Clinical Pharmacology
- Indications & Usage
- Side Effects
- Dosage & Administration
- How Supplied
- Patient Counseling Information
- Supplemental Patient Material
- Boxed Warning
- Patient Package Insert
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
Premium Sanitizing Teat Dip
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: 1% Titratable Iodine. Contains 10% Emollients.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Remove excessive organic soils from teats prior to the application of the teat dip
2. Forestrip milk from each quarter for mastitis detection and to initiate milk “let down”. (This procedure may be implemented after application of pre-dip as outlined in Step 3.)
3. Apply DEFEND! with either a dip cup or a sprayer completely covering the entire teat with the teat dip solution. Allow for 15-45 seconds contact time.
4. Wipe each teat with a single service towel removing all dip and soil from teat surface.
5. Attach milking unit.
1. After removal of milking unit, apply DEFEND! with either a dip cup or sprayer
completely covering the entire teat with the teat dip solution.
DO NOT DILUTE TEAT DIP – USE AT FULL STRENGTH.
IF TEAT DIP BECOMES CLOUDY OR DIRTY, DISCARD AND REPLACE WITH FRESH DIP. DO NOT RETURN CONTAMINATED DIP TO ORIGINAL CONTAINER.
IF FROZEN, THAW COMPLETELY AND MIX WELL BEFORE USING.
Danger - Keep Out of Reach of Children - Can Cause Eye Damage
Protect eyes when handling. DO NOT get in eyes or on clothing.
Harmful if swallowed. Avoid contamination of food.
EYES: In case of contact with eyes, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Call a physician.
INTERNAL: If swallowed, promptly rinse mouth then give a large quantity of milk or water. Avoid alchohol. Contact a physician immediately. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
For Assistance with Medical Emergency, Call: 1-800-255-3924.
Refer to Material Safety Data Sheet.
Enter section text here