- Clinical Pharmacology
- Indications & Usage
- Side Effects
- Dosage & Administration
- How Supplied
- Patient Counseling Information
- Supplemental Patient Material
- Boxed Warning
- Patient Package Insert
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION: CONTENTS*
- Active ingredient (in each 5 mL = 1 teaspoonful)
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
Active ingredient (in each 5 mL = 1 teaspoonful)
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- reduces fever
- relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- the common cold
- sore throat
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Sore throat warning: if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask a doctor before use if your child has liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child is taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use.
- do not give more than directed (see overdose warning)
- shake well before using
- mL = milliliter; tsp = teaspoonful
- find right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
- remove the child protective cap and pour your child's dose into the dosing cup
- repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
|Weight (lb)||Age (yr)||Dose (mL or tsp)
|under 24||under 2 years||ask a doctor|
|24-35||2-3 years||5 mL (1 tsp)|
|36-47||4-5 years||7.5 mL (1½ tsp)|
|48-59||6-8 years||10 mL (2 tsp)|
|60-71||9-10 years||12.5 mL (2½ tsp)|
|72-95||11 years||15 mL (3 tsp)|
Attention: use only enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- each 5 mL (1 tsp) contains: sodium 2 mg
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- do not use if carton is opened or if carton tape or bottle wrap imprinted "SAFETY SEAL®" is broken or missing
anhydrous citric acid, butylparaben, D&C red no. 33, FD&C blue no. 1, flavors, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, microcrystalline cellulose and carboxymethylcellulose sodium, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucralose, xanthan gum
Questions or comments?
call 1-800-458-1635 (toll-free) or 215-273-8755 (collect)
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
HOSPITAL USE ONLY
Pain Reliever - Fever Reducer
Not for Retail Sale
4 fl oz (120 ml)
160 mg per 5 ml