- Clinical Pharmacology
- Indications & Usage
- Side Effects
- Dosage & Administration
- How Supplied
- Patient Counseling Information
- Supplemental Patient Material
- Boxed Warning
- Patient Package Insert
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
Active Ingredients (in each 5 mL tps.) Purpose
Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide.... 20 mg...........................Cough suppressant
Guaifenesin.... 400 mg........................................................Expectorant
- Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes.
- Temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema.
When using this product do not use more than directed.
Stop use and ask a doctor before use if:
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Do not use:
If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs of depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if you are taking a prescription drug that contains MAOI; ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Keep out of the reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Direction: do not exceed more than 6 doses in any 24 hours period.
|Adults and children 12 years of age and over.
|| Take 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) every 4 hours
|Children under 12 years of age.
|| Consult a physician
- Store at room temperature 15 - 30 degrees celsius (59 - 86 degrees farenheit)
- Tamper evident feature Do not use if seal under cap is torn, broken or missing.
- Avoid excessive heat or humidity.
Questions or comments? 1-305-403-3788
Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide, Guaifenesin LIQUID