- Clinical Pharmacology
- Indications & Usage
- Side Effects
- Dosage & Administration
- How Supplied
- Patient Counseling Information
- Supplemental Patient Material
- Boxed Warning
- Patient Package Insert
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION: CONTENTS*
- Active ingredient (in each tablet)
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
- Principal Display Panel
- Product Label
FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Aspirin 81 mg (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
- for the temporary relief of minor aches and pains or as recommended by your doctor. Because of its delayed action, this product will not provide fast relief of headaches or other symptoms needing immediate relief.
- ask your doctor about other uses for safety coated 81 mg aspirin
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use
if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer.
Ask a doctor before use if
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis or kidney disease
- you have asthma
- you are taking a diuretic
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking a prescription drug for
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- have bloody or black stools
- vomit blood
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- new symptoms occur
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 4 to 8 tablets every 4 hours not to exceed 48 tablets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: do not use
- store at controlled room temperature 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
anhydrous lactose**, black iron oxide**, brown iron oxide**, croscarmellose sodium**, D&C yellow #10, FD&C yellow #6**, hypromellose**, methacrylic acid copolymer, microcrystalline cellulose, mineral oil**, polysorbate 80**, potassium hydroxide**, pregelatinized starch**, propylene glycol**, purified water**, shellac**, silicon dioxide, simethicone**, sodium bicarbonate**, sodium hydroxide**, sodium lauryl sulfate**, stearic acid**, talc, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate, yellow iron oxide**
**contains one or more of these ingredients
Questions or comments?
Call 1-503-639-6300 Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM PST
Principal Display Panel
Aspirin 81 mg
ADULT Low Dose
Pain Reliever (NSAID)
COMPARE TO BAYER® ASPIRIN active ingredient†
TABLETS-81 mg EACH
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Bayer HealthCare LLC, owner of the registered trademark Bayer® Low Dose Aspirin.
‡Aspirin is not appropriate for everyone, so be sure you talk to your doctor before you begin an aspirin regimen.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
Proudly Distributed by Western Family Foods, Inc.
P.O. Box 4057, Portland, OR 97208 U.S.A.
Aspirin TABLET, COATED